Interested in working for an association that aims to enhance the health and recovery of those struggling with addiction?
We are currently in search of a Membership Coordinator for a Health Association. The position is based in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time, temp-to-perm assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health Association
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA (shuttle from Braddock Rd. Metro)
POSITION TITLE: Membership Coordinator
DURATION: Open-ended, temp-to-perm
COMPENSATION: $14/hour – $16/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Membership Coordinator supports the processing, handling and support for all membership functions. This individual will also support the development and execution of the association’s membership recruitment, engagement and retention strategies. This is a great role for a self-starter who has a demonstrated interest in membership organizations.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of experience within an association strongly preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office required; Experience with iMIS, NetForum or other association management software strongly preferred
- Previous experience with leadership training or volunteer management
- Strong project management and computer skills
- Commitment to customer/member service
- Ability to take initiative and desire to grow professionally within a small organization
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Communicating with lapsed members via phone or email in an effort to renew membership or find out how members could be better served
- Creating membership packets and developing collateral for membership recruitment and retention
- Updating membership database and developing membership reports, tracking member participation and engagement statistics
- Coordinating membership meetings, transcribing meeting notes, sending follow-up correspondence and tracking progress
- Compiling information and updates from chapters for newsletters
- Working with affiliates to solve problems, disseminate information and communicate organization initiatives and policies
- Completing additional projects and tasks as directed by Director of Operations and Finance
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.