Do you have 3 or more years of membership experience, and a passion for universal improvement?
We are currently in search of a Membership Coordinator for a Membership Organization. The position is based in Silver Spring, MD. This is a temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Organization
LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD (Silver Spring Metro)
POSITION TITLE: Membership Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 25 – 30/hours a week
HOURLY PAY: $15 – $17.50/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Membership Coordinator will support activities for all membership initiatives as well as provide support to the organization, with specific responsibilities designed to support the functions of the operation and growth of the organization. The Membership Coordinator will report directly to the Operations Manager, and will play an instrumental role in creating a smoothly functioning office by working collaboratively with staff, volunteers, and members.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3 years of Membership experience required
- Proficiency in iMIS required
- Experience in Quick Books a plus
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Exceptional client and customer service
- Ability to manage a broad set of responsibilities and tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment that requires strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, and self-starter mentality
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and follow up, and able to work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinker and results-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Serving as contact for all Membership inquiries and work to resolve questions as they arise and assist in direct communication strategies as it concerns members
- Driving membership renewals, retention, marketing, and consider new revenue streams for the Society.
- Overseeing data management, including the collection and organization of member information
- Generating regular membership reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, and prepare additional reports as requested
- Assisting with Annual Conference, meetings, and other events
- Providing general administrative support for office such as answering telephone calls, redirecting calls, taking and conveying accurate messages, processing incoming and outgoing mail and e-mail, maintaining office files and other resource document files, and providing additional support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.