Are you passionate about social justice causes including immigration, access to legal services, and homelessness? Do you have membership and program development experience? Are you committed to adding value to the community you support?
We are currently in search of a Membership Programs Manager for a Membership Association. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Association
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Membership Programs Manager
SALARY: $60,000 – 65,000
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Membership Programs Manager, reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, you will be responsible for creating and managing revenue-generating programs that educate the association’s member base, as well as professional development and networking opportunities for members. Through your knowledge of current events and the interests of the membership, you will produce compelling educational programs that resonates with members, drives their engagement, and generates revenue for the organization. You will also serve as a staff liaison for a Board of Directors, create agendas for meetings, and manage logistics for monthly meetings. Additionally, you will play a key role in cultivating and maintaining relationships with members and stakeholders.
- Medical, dental, vison, and life insurance
- Vacation and paid sick leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Progressive work culture
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3 years of experience minimum
- Bachelor’s degree required
- High proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of InDesign and iMis Database
- Experience in professional development and education programs
- Strong social and networking skills
- Ability to interact with members and the public in a professional and collegial manner
- Ability to effectively create and manage projects and budgets that maximize financial results
- Entrepreneurial spirit that thrives on delivering excellent service
- Interest in social justice, legal work, and current events
- Proactive team player
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work directly with Director of Membership and Membership Department to plan and manage valuable programs and events to educate organization’s membership.
- Plan and oversee all aspects of several high visibility events throughout the year.
- Develop content and publish monthly newsletters and other communication pieces to engage members.
- Develop and design marketing tools such as signs and flyers.
- Utilize social media (Facebook, Twitter, blog) to promote the organization’s activities, programs, and events.
- Work with Memberships Department to develop, strategize and plan membership and committee recruitment and retention initiatives to increase membership.
- Serve as liaison to provide guidance and administrative support to Board members.
- Attend and document meetings from Board meetings.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with Membership Programs Lead in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.