Are you an entry-level professional with a passion for customer service and the sciences?
We are currently in search of a Membership Specialist for a Science Association. This position is based in College Park, MD. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Science Association
LOCATION: College Park, MD
POSITION TITLE: Membership Specialist
DURATION: Temporary, Full – Time
COMPENSATION: $13.50/hour – $16.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Membership Specialist is responsible for providing quality customer service while interacting with members primarily via email correspondence, and also telephone calls. This person will process new member applications, provide support for annually billed invoices, and verify the integrity of member records.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1+ year of customer service or administrative experience
- Prior experience with MS Office required, Excel preferred
- Outgoing, friendly personality when speaking with members
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Has tough skin and a good personality
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Correspond with members via written correspondence or phone regarding membership and subscriptions, including additional service requests.
- Process termination of member records in membership database.
- Update member addresses, including investigating undeliverable mail.
- Correct data in member records to maintain accuracy of association management system.
- Generate and deliver invoices for additional services.
- Work with the Accounting Department to investigate missing or incorrect posting of member payments.
- Provide assistance to members regarding online journal access and missing print issues.
- Work with the society journals division to aid in responding to member inquiries regarding journal access and missing issues.
- Enter new member records including name, address, subscriptions, unit membership, tracking and scholastic information.
- Validate and post incoming invoices to member accounts.
- Compile and mail new member kits/cards.
- Perform some repetitive manual tasks such as stuffing envelopes and filing.
- Verify and approve payments, including special requests or discrepancies.
- Proofread computer screens, printouts, reports, etc. for errors in processing.
- Other computer or non-computer related tasks as required.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.