Are you an IT professional ready to join an organization dedicated to working with underserved populations?
We are currently in search of a Network Administrator for an Advocacy Association. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Network Administrator
DURATION: Approx. Temporary – to – Permanent
SCHEUDLE: Part-time (40 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $18.00 – $21.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The position is responsible for network administration and user support on the organizations supported computer applications and platforms, troubleshooting problems and taking or advising on the appropriate action. The Network Administrator is accountable directly to the Director of Information Technology.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years’ experience in network administration required
- Excellent troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and manage work under tight deadlines
- Prior experience handling sensitive information with care and discretion to ensure confidentiality/HIPAA compliance
- Ability to work well in a team environment
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Responsible for quality of service on network by managing router configuration and controlling network traffic
- Manages network security by monitoring incident logs, ensuring secure configurations are used on network
- Manages and maintains Microsoft Domain GPO, Print Services, File Rights and basic network services
- Supports efforts to improve existing network practices, security and controls
- Works with management to upgrade network and IT services as new opportunities arise
- Responsible for care and maintenance of site IT server rooms, demarc rooms and switch rooms
- Escalates issues to IT service contractor or appropriate vendor quickly and efficiently to minimize disruption
- Provides Tier 2 technical support to all users
- Manages network user accounts, email accounts, access permissions
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Network Administrator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.