Are you an organized administrative professional who likes to think outside of the box?
We are currently in search of an Office Assistant for a Nonprofit Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Nonprofit Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Office Assistant
SCHEUDLE: Full-time (40 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $13.00-15.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Office Assistant works to ensure the regular functioning of the office. This includes facilitating the cleaning and maintenance of the physical office and work spaces, as well as the ordering of supplies. This position provides administrative support to the Operations Manager and team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-3+ years office support and/or related experience in an office environment
- Basic computer literacy, to include use of Microsoft products
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to set priorities, organize time effectively and efficiently, work independently and to flexibly manage multiple projects
- Possess a curiosity and interest in current IT-field developments, especially in how they relate to continuation and enhancement of organization’s mission
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, willingness to help out when needed
- Must have the ability to move office furniture for arranging a conference room when necessary
- Strong teamwork skills; attention to detail; ability to work with vendors
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Maintain office disposable supply inventory, placing approved orders, receiving the goods and storing, as well as providing the necessary documentation for payment
- Assist the Operations Manager with the maintenance of all physical inventory, when applicable, including:
- Assisting the IT Associate with the maintenance of the IT equipment inventory
- Maintaining office furniture inventory, as well as placing approved orders, receiving the furniture and placement, and providing the necessary documentation for payment
- Maintaining key inventory including ordering needed key copies
- Maintain the copier in working order; including ordering needed supplies/assisting Operations Manager with periodic product evaluation
- Maintain postage machine in working order, ensuring a balance is always available for staff mailing
- Facilitate the periodic servicing of:
- Fire extinguishers (annually); A/C units (quarterly); AED machines (annually); Postage machine (annually); Copiers (as need); Coffee machines (quarterly); Ice machines (quarterly)
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Office Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.