Are you a proactive and innovative professional, with experience in office management?
We are currently in search of an Office Manager for an Education Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Education Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Office Manager
SCHEUDLE: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $16.00-19.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Office Manager oversees the efficient and cost-effective operation of the office and provides a high level of service to the organization’s employees and other partners. The Office Manager will manage the activities and relationships that facilitate the work of all parts of the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-4 years of experience in administrative and office management roles
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or management preferred
- Bookkeeping experience and familiarity with QuickBooks
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain discretion while working on sensitive issues, required
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Comfort level with working with youth and people with disabilities
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Conduct outreach for open positions and internships; responsible for initial orientation and exit process with staff and interns
- Work with ED to oversee and maintain financial records in QuickBooks
- Administer employee benefits (e.g. health insurance, disability, and flexible pre-tax benefits) and assist staff with problems and questions
- Manage supply and inventory systems in line with administrative budgets
- Oversee appropriate use of and maintain relationships with all vendors
- Serve as the first point of contact for relationships with stakeholders
- Work with ED to develop and maintain up-to-date administrative procedures for office operations including timesheets, leave requests, employment verification, emergency procedures, etc.
- Assist ED with review/formulation of personnel policy; creation/review of job descriptions; maintain updated policies/job descriptions in appropriate files;
- Work with ED to implement matters pertaining to office lease/management
- Monitor budget for office administration
- Develop content for administrative process and procedures
- Provide meeting support for staff
- Service as backup point of contact for IT issues
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.