Are you passionate about causes that support animals? Do you have experience providing administrative and operational support to high-level nonprofit professionals? Do you like to lead the organization of events and outreach within the community?
We are currently in search of an Office Manager for an Animal Welfare Organization. The position is based in Palo Alto, CA. This is a Temp to Perm assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Animal Welfare Organization
LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA
POSITION TITLE: Office Manager
DURATION: 3-4 months, then Permanent
HOURLY RATE: $18-24/hour, then Salaried
HOURS: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Office Manager, you will be a strong collaborative leader and team member. You will facilitate all aspects of running a successful office, including providing support to pet owners over the phone and in person. You will take this organization to the next level of development by gaining community partnerships, organizing events for the organization and building relationships with potential volunteers.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 3-5 years of experience in a high level administrative or executive position within a nonprofit
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Adept in all Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
· Pays impeccable attention to detail and is extremely organized
· Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and think strategically
· Passionate about animal welfare and advocacy
· Experienced in development, especially with community outreach, event coordination and building corporate partnerships
· Possesses a friendly and approachable demeaner, positive attitude, and genuine interest in interacting with staff, Board, and donors
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Provide high-level support to the office, managing multiple priorities, overseeing calendar and scheduling, and providing logistical support for meetings and appointments
· Cultivating relationships with community and corporate partners to support the growth of this organization
· Social media management to build out the digital network
· Supporting pet owners to find needed resources and educating them on animal care
· Plan, organize and prepare for meetings, including arranging meeting venue and equipment/catering needs, preparing agenda, and ensuring materials are ready
· Provide high-level administrative support for board committees and meetings which could include preparation of meeting packets for distribution, and recording of meeting minutes
· Engage in donor cultivation and stewardship, participating in donor events as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.