Are you a self-directed administrative professional? Do you have strong written and verbal communications? Are you passionate about creating equal opportunities for small businesses and business owners?
We are currently in search of an Operations and Administrative Specialist for a Membership Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a temporary-to-permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Operational and Administrative Specialist
SALARY: $25 – $36/hour (commensurate with experience)
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Vice President of Operations and Membership, this detail-oriented individual will provide administrative and operational support to the office, Finance Department, and member programs. Daily tasks include answering telephone calls and greeting visitors, answering member questions in regards to program registration and event, providing event support, and assisting VP with bookkeeping. You will maintain a comfortable office environment for all staff members and guests by providing quality customer service. As the Operational and Administrative Specialist, you will enjoy working independently and with a team to ensure the office runs smoothly.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of administrative and office management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with QuickBooks and Adobe Acrobat
- Friendly demeanor and can-do attitude
- Flexible, excited to learn and take on new tasks daily
- Interest in working with entrepreneurs and business owners
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide direct administrative support to VP and other staff, as needed
- Assist with bookkeeping and database maintenance
- Provide customer service assistance to members via phone and email, by assisting them with event registration process and processing payments
- Greet visitors in office and at organization events
- Ensure inquiries via website, events, programs are answered or forwarded to appropriate staff member
- Ensure office supply stockroom is well stocked, ordering new supplies as necessary
- See that office space remains clean and organized
- Execute special projects as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations and Administrative Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.