Are you a confident self-starter that enjoys customer service and detail oriented work?
Have you worked with consultant contracts in your previous position?
We are currently in search of an Operations Assistant for a Think Tank. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Think Tank
LOCATION: Washington, DC (McPherson Square Metro)
POSITION TITLE: Operations Assistant
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $18.00/hour
POTENTIAL SALARY: $45 – 55K
Is This Your Dream Job? The Operation Assistant reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and Administration. This person will provide primary support to the Operations Department, which includes Finance, IT, Human Resources, Operations, and Administration.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- BA Degree required
- 2+ years of administrative/operations experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, is required
- Experience with contracts preferred
- Energetic self-starter prepared to take initiative on a wide range of responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively while managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Contracts Administration
- Assume all functions of contract management for organization
- Serve as contracts administration, working with project directors and senior management on completing contracts to full execution
- Using the contracts template, work with projects and VP of Finance to obtain all required elements during the contract development process
- Oversee all outgoing and incoming consultant contracts; file and monitor the status of all contract agreements
- Assure accuracy and appropriateness of contract content and attachments
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate with all stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Regularly update VP of Finance and Administration on status of pending contracts as well as executed contracts throughout the year
- Maintain contracts spreadsheet and regularly update finance and accounting teams on all changes and amendments
- Ensure all required forms, including Form W-9, are received and stored in designated online folders
- Finance and Operations
- Provide strategic support to the Vice President of Finance and Administration to increase operational performance and efficiency of the organization
- Assist accounting team with weekly invoice tracking, accounts payable scanning and filing, and other duties as assigned
- Assist finance team with data presentation copying and dissemination
- Work with Vice President of Finance and Administration and Director of HR to create formal information sharing/communications content to regularly share information among projects and departments
- Track and maintain requirements of annual state solicitation filings
- Other Responsibilities
- Work with Director of HR and staff to plan, coordinate and implement the summer internship program by acting as the primary point of contact for interns before, during and after the 10 week program, and developing a calendar of events to include full day orientation, educational outings, host scholar panels, trip to Foundation’s New York offices, social events and final presentations
- Work with the Director of HR to organize and lead the Community Service Committee
- Provide additional support as needed to the Vice President of Finance and Administration and undertake special projects and other duties as assigned
- Work with other support personnel to plan and organize activities including staff lunches, meetings, etc.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Operations Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.