Are you an operations and administrative professional with board relations experience?
Can you juggle multiple tasks simultaneously?
Do you have excellent verbal and written communications skills?
We are currently in search of an Operations Assistant for a Policy/Advocacy Think Tank. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Policy/Advocacy Think Tank
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Operations Assistant
DURATION: Permanent/Direct Hire
SALARY: 50,000 – 55,000
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: The Operations Assistant reports to the Vice President of Finance/Administration, will provide primary support to the Operations Department, which includes: Finance, IT, Human Resources, Operations and Administration.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required, 2-4 years of experience providing administrative support, preferably at a nonprofit organization
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience with contracts preferred
- Good time-management and attention to detail, multi-tasking essential
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Contracts administration, working with project directors and senior management on completing contracts to full execution
- Oversee all outgoing and incoming consultant contracts; file and monitor the status of all contract agreements
- Work with Director of HR and Foundation staff to plan, coordinate and implement summer internship program by acting as primary point of contact for interns before, during and after a 10 week program, developing a calendar of events to include: full day orientation, educational outings, host scholar panels, trips to other offices, social events and final presentations
- Work with Director of HR to organize and lead Community Service Committee
- Provide additional support as needed to VP of Finance/Administration and undertake special projects and other duties as assigned
Finance and Operations:
- Provide strategic, high-level support to the VP of Finance/Administration to increase operational performance and efficiency of the organization
- Work with VP of Finance/Administration and Director of HR to create formal information sharing/communications content to regularly share information among projects/departments
- Track and maintain requirements of annual state solicitation filings
- Serve as logistical liaison to the organization and Board of Directors
- Maintain updated contact lists and bios, developing strong relationships with BOD assistants
- Prepare for board meetings and conference call logistics, assemble briefing books
- Take meeting minutes for all BOD meetings and conference calls
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Operations Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.