Are you an educator or case manager with a background in early childhood education or childhood development?
We are currently in search of a Parent Educator for a Social Services Foundation. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Foundation
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Parent Educator
DURATION: Full Time; Temporary
IS THIS YOUR DREAM JOB?
You will be working directly with families throughout the Chicago area to serve as a resource and support system. This organization specializes on youth/parents and family programs to ensure stability and growth.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree REQUIRED in childhood development, early childhood education, Social Work or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in social services preferred
- Experience working with youth and families preferred
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts (conflict resolution) and provide positive support
- MUST have a minimum of 9 ECE credits
- Driver’s license and valid insurance required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Conduct daily home visits, as well as occasional school and/or shelter visits
- Manage case load of estimated 15-20 clients/families
- Facilitate group meetings with families
- Work directly with families on behavioral patterns
- Execute review sessions with families to evaluate progress and goals of program
- Serve as a support system for parents and youth
- Provide resources and referrals
- Submit and write reports to monitor progress
- Maintain and provide up-to-date data and analytical reports
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Parent Educator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.