We are currently in search of an Early Childhood Parent Educator for a Social Services Organization. The position is based on the South side of Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Early Childhood Parent Educator
DURATION: Full Time; Temporary (possibility of permanent)
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
IS THIS YOUR DREAM JOB? You will be working directly with families throughout the Chicago area to serve as a resource and support system. This organization specializes on youth/parents and family programs to ensure stability and growth.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Childhood Development, Early Childhood Education, Social Work or related field – REQUIRED
- 9 Early Childhood Education Credits – REQUIRED
- Experience working with youth and families – preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in social services preferred
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts (conflict resolution) and provide positive support
- MUST have a car and proof of insurance
- MUST have evening and weekend flexibility
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Conduct daily home visits, as well as occasional school and/or shelter visits
- Manage case load of estimated 20-25 clients/families
- Facilitate group meetings with families
- Work directly with families on behavioral patterns and develop support plans
- Execute review sessions with families to evaluate progress and goals of program
- Serve as a support system for parents and youth
- Provide resources and referrals
- Submit and write reports to monitor progress
- Maintain and provide up-to-date data and analytical reports
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Parent Educator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send me their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.