Are you a self-starter who is passionate about helping San Francisco’s youth? Are you a people person who is comfortable answering questions about payroll?
We are currently in search of a Payroll Specialist for Social Services Organization. The position is based in Palo Alto, CA. This is a temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA
POSITION TITLE: Payroll Specialist
Hourly Rate: $19-22/hr, 40 hours/week
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate administration of this organization’s payroll, time, and attendance systems. Through collaborating with the human resources and finance staff, you will work to achieve financial goals. Additionally, you will lead staff trainings on internal finance systems and policies.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2-3+ years of payroll experience
- Knowledge of payroll regulations and laws
- Working knowledge of HIPAA standards related to confidentiality
- Excellent customer service skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Perform all activities necessary to process payroll
- Prepare and maintain all reports within payroll and HRIS system
- Assist staff with general questions related to payroll, time off accruals, wage deductions, fringe benefits, and other pay related issues
- Track billing and collection
- Process electronic paperwork from new hires
- Complete audit checks to ensure accuracy
- Process paperwork for terminations, new hires, benefits, leave of absence
- Manage and communicate health insurance and 401(k) deductions with vendors
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Payroll Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.