Are you looking for a flexible, part-time position that allows you to use your exceptional organizational skills? Looking to gain experience and learn about business from a successful executive?
We are currently in search of an Executive/Personal Assistant. The position is based in Haymarket, VA. This is a part-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
LOCATION: Haymarket, VA (not metro/bus accessible)
POSITION TITLE: Executive/Personal Assistant
SCHEDULE: 25 hours per week, flexible
Is This Your Dream Job? The great thing about this position is that you will get to help out in almost every department and see what you enjoy most – or maybe just not doing the same thing is what you enjoy most! At the same time, you will have a lot of autonomy and the chance to explore your own passions while learning business and entrepreneurial skills.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Be a self-starter. This is a small company that does a GREAT deal of business. There are AWESOME systems in place but you’ll be figuring a bit out on your own.
- Be TOTALLY comfortable with simple internet-based programs. Familiarity with Pages or Word, Numbers of Excel, Keynote or Powerpoint, Google (even google apps), online databases, simple html editing of pages, etc. Also have an above-average grasp of Social Media.
- Be COMFORTABLE doing PERSONAL ASSISTING as well as ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS for the business. Since you’ll be working DIRECTLY with the President and CEO, at times they will need errands run, reservations made, packages dropped at FedEx, to arrange for when the housekeeper comes by, etc.
- Be PROTECTIVE. We need someone with the ability to manage our President and CEO’s busy calendar and interface with high profile clientele. There are lots of people who want their time and attention. You will be the gatekeeper and must have the utmost discretion and discernment.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- This is a pretty laid-back job where you get to interact with a lot of cool people. The WORK part of it is that sometimes there are DEADLINES and CRUNCHES and the schedule is intense then more laid back.
- Tell us how you will fit in THIS job! We know what is a fit for us and we want to know if this is a fit for you. We will NOT be calling you to clarify whether or not you’re a fit. SELL US on why we would be lucky to have you on the team. Specifically share at least 3 aspects of the job you feel you can do best.
- Tell us your EXACT income expectations (hourly or salary is fine). You’ll be working closely with our President and when you do, it’s important that you are VERY precise in your communications so this is one way you will demonstrate your ability to be specific and to follow directions. Being vague in this area just sets up a concern that you’re not going to be able to ask for what you really want later if you come on board. Our philosophy is if it’s not a win-win, then there’s no deal.
- Describe your ideal working environment. Hours, flexibility or structure, casual or formal. We are open to a number of options and inflexible on a few areas, so we want to know what works for you instead of telling you how we work and then having you twist yourself into what you think we will want in order to get the job. We are looking for the IDEAL fit, not to go through TRIAL runs.
- We love what we do and we are excited to meet the person who is going to help us manage some things going forward.
- Please note: A valid driver’s license and the ability to pass a background check is required.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Supporting marketing efforts to attract nonprofit clients and job seekers
- Maintaining the CEO and President’s calendar
- Filing, scanning and other heavy paperwork
- Planning and managing events
- General house maintenance and management (such as calling a repair man or changing light bulbs)
- Some tasks around the kids’ activities. There are two small children (6 and 3) in the family such as buying school supplies, dropping them off to an activity, buying gifts for birthday parties and other things as necessary
- Running errands like going to the post office, picking up lunch, and dropping off clothes at the tailor or dry cleaner
- You could be doing event management in the morning, customer service in the afternoon, or dreaming up a new marketing project while eating your lunch
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to kcantrell [at] cnpstaffing.com with “Executive/Personal Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.