Are you a great multitasker who loves working special events?
Do you have experience working with children and families from diverse backgrounds?
We are currently in search of a Play & Learning Supervisor for a Museum. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a part-time, temporary-to-permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Museum
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Play & Learning Supervisor
DURATION: Part-time, Temporary-to-Permanent
SALARY: $13.00 – $15.00/hr
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Play and Learning Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of all exhibit and program facilitation for museum visitors, including daily scheduling, supervision of staff, and supportive training. He/she strives to create a welcoming, safe, accessible, playful, and educational experience in the museum to ensure and maintain exemplary guest service.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 2 years of related experience, including supervisory experience in a fast paced, customer service environment required
- Bachelors’ degree in education, theater, communications or other relevant field preferred
- Experience working with children and families from diverse backgrounds
- Comprehensive knowledge of the concepts, practices and compliance issues of personnel management with skills in effectively resolving difficult customer service and employee relations matters
- Comprehensive knowledge of and training in excellent guest service, strong communication (both written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in emergency situations and respond with appropriate action
- Stamina and physical endurance to work on the museum floor most of the day maintaining quality interaction with museum visitors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to represent the museum in a professional manner at all times
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Supervise daily museum operations
- Complete and distribute daily floor report, accident/incident report(s) and any other necessary information after every shift
- Manage any emergency procedures or guest concerns
- Supervise daily assigned Play and Learning Facilitators
- Provide necessary information, establish clear expectations, reinforce good performance, improve unsatisfactory performance and foster a spirit of cooperation and teamwork
- Lead and model staff interaction that supports meaningful Play and Learning for guests
- Maintain required professional knowledge and core job skills
- Maintain employee confidentiality and the highest of ethical standards
- Understand and support the museum’s values and strategic vision as demonstrated through staff performance
- Attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings
- Administrative duties as necessary or assigned
Hours for this position will include weekdays, weekends (Sunday coverage) and evenings to be determined by museum needs.
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Learning Supervisor” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.