Do you have at least 5 years of association experience working with member and committee relations?
Do you have experience creating professional development programs and curriculum?
Are you a creative and dynamic leader?
We are currently in search of a Professional Development Director for an Association. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Northern Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Professional Development Director
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Professional Development Director is responsible for the programming and education related content development, design and implementation for the association’s meetings and conferences. The Professional Development Director reports directly to the CEO.
Our client is a member driven, international association of business professionals.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation, PTO and Sick Time
- Many other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5 years minimum association experience required
- 5 years of leadership experience with a team of at least 3 or more direct reports required
- Proven track record of creating and implementing new programs
- Experience working directly in member and committee relations preferred
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with colleagues, staff, partners, and clients
- Financial experience or background a plus
- Creative and confident in testing new ideas and approaches
- Effective negotiation skills, including the ability to negotiate contracts and other business arrangements with members and vendors
- Experience working on large scale conferences and meetings both regionally and globally preferred
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to develop clear, concise, and compelling presentations, proposals, and other documents
- Ability and desire to travel globally preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Management of all phases of educational program development including research and analyses of programming formats, needs assessments, content development, speaker contracts and budget management and supervision of all on-site speakers and AV related logistics
- Responsible for the delivery of educational products, programs and services
- Development of a wide range of educational programs utilizing various mediums: on-site meetings, committee meetings, virtual experiences
- Serve as liaison to the departments and committees assisting and participating in meetings and implementing approved programs formulated by these committees
- Oversee all communications and reports regarding the annual meeting programming
- Works closely with the Meeting Services Department insuring that everyone is aware of special requirements from the programming aspect, including exceptions annotated on speaker releases
- Adherence to deadlines is crucial to meet the annual calendar production schedule of annual meetings and other meeting forums conducted
- Selection and management of the production company for all meetings, conferences and education programs
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Professional Development Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.