Are you interested in facilitating personal and professional development opportunities for under-represented students across the country?
We are currently in search of a Program Assistant for an Educational Association. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full-Time, Temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Dupont Circle)
POSITION TITLE: Program Assistant
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $12.30 – $15.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Program Assistant will help with reception general front desk duties, as well as providing programmatic support and assistance for the organization’s internship program to allow the program to meet stated recruitment and program management goals and deliverables. Some of the specific tasks include greeting guests, answering phones, assisting with selection process, housing and travel arrangements, event planning, recruitment, and intern file maintenance.
How You’ll Spend Your Day:
- Answering the main phone line, directing calls to the appropriate staff person
- Greeting guests and visitors at the front desk
- Supporting Program Managers with processing selections, rankings, and placements
- Assisting Program Coordinators with logistical arrangements for interns’ housing and travel
- Responding to intern inquiries via email and phone and process and archive intern applications
- Data entry on web based content management systems
- Supporting the Events Program Coordinator with event planning for the summer orientation, intern meetings, and tours
- Some local recruitment of DC, VA, and MD students from local institutions and conferences
- Providing support on program monitoring and evaluation and quality control checks
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) preferred in communication, business, student affairs, or human resources; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with event planning, student counseling, IT, or customer service oriented jobs is a plus
- Spanish language proficiency is a huge plus!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with great customer service etiquette
- Organizational skills necessary to maintain student information, agency files, meetings, and other related documentation
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to analyze large sets of data and draw conclusions
- Ability to work with little supervision and to take ownership of tasks and projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 with an emphasis on Excel, social media tools, & HTML
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad