Do you have a desire to help people through programming support?
Are you a driven individual who is solution-focused?
We are currently in search of a Program Management Assistant for a Faith Based Organization. The position is based in Atlanta, GA. This is a Fulltime, Temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Faith Based
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
POSITION TITLE: Program Management Assistant
DURATION: Full-time/Temporary (4-6 Months)
SALARY: $17/hour – $21/hour (commensurate with experience)
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Program Assistant is responsible for working collaboratively with the VP of Global Programs toward achieving project goals. Responsibilities include data entry and analysis, coordinating project tasks and activities, and deliverables for multiple projects simultaneously.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
- 3-5 years of project/program experience. I.E. managing multiple programs, reporting, grants, processes, project deadlines, etc.
- Comfortable working with minimum supervision with initiative to accept assignments and to act independently to accomplish them.
- Ability to write business communications clearly (correspondence, emails, memos, etc.).
- Excellent, professional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience using MS Outlook and Office Suite, including PowerPoint.
- Strongly preferred that the candidate has international/global experience as well as experience in a non-profit.
- Self-motivated and deadline driven
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Create and ensure execution of all project documentation for strategic initiatives and divisional objectives led by the Global Programs Division, including charters, project scope, deliverables, schedules, communication plans, and financial models, ensuring alignment with stakeholder goals.
- Develop and deliver project reports, presentations, proposals and requirements documentation to senior leadership, international board of directors, and key stakeholders. Produce executive reports on the project and keep Global Programs and Strategic Realization Team leadership apprised of project changes and milestone status.
- Manage the reporting of all high level deliverables for the Global Programs Division and report directly to the Vice President about delays, issues, risks.
- Develop, Implement, enhance and stabilize project management procedures and processes for the Global Programs Division.
- Manage the development, assessment and implementation of key performance measurements for all projects.
- Estimate the resources and participation required to successfully achieve project goals.
- Monitor, evaluate, report to division VP on project activities, expenditures and on achievement of Divisional Objectives goals.
- Coach, mentor and motivate project team members to influence a positive, accountable and collaborative approach.
Management of Project Stakeholders in Global Programs and across the organization:
- Co-Lead project management meetings and coordinate efforts of cross-functional project team members to ensure delivery of defined projects on-scope, on-time, and on-budget.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders, ensuring full engagement and partnership throughout the lifecycle of each initiative.
- Facilitate the process of getting all work done on strategic initiatives, on time and within budget by holding sponsors, project leads (VP, Senior Directors and Directors) accountable for accomplishing tasks.
- Coordinate with initiative sponsors and leads to ensure adequate allocation of resources to projects being managed.
- Identify, track, mitigate, and report on risks across the portfolio and leverage domain knowledge and instincts to anticipate and mitigate possible risks.
- Negotiate with leadership and stakeholder groups in driving towards project deliverables.
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.