Do you have an MSW and LICSW or LGSW?
Are you passionate about serving the homeless community of DC?
We are currently in search of a Program Manager, Emergency Shelter for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager, Emergency Shelter
SCHEDULE: Full time
POTENTIAL SALARY: $55,000-65,000K
Is This Your Dream Job? The Program Manager, Emergency Shelter will direct the daily operations for a residential facility serving the homeless population of DC.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Master’s in Social Work (MSW) with an unrestricted DC license (LICSW) or LGSW required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience required
- Specializing in working with homeless populations preferred, additional experience with mental illness, addiction, trauma and aging a plus
- Knowledge of DC social service resources and compliance requirements a plus
- Serve with compassion, respect and understanding
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversee daily operations of the facility’s temporary programs
- Supervise a team of staff who provide case management and other client services on site
- Manage and maintain the staff schedule
- Lead regular team meetings
- Coordinate with volunteers and other providers as needed to deliver services to clients
- Monitor progress of clients toward their long term goals
- Monitor eligibility, admissions and utilization for the temporary programs
- Facilitate client reasonable accommodation requests
- Oversee residential-related documentation requirements, such as: database entering, incident reporting, staff logs, staff timesheets, etc. to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Participate in organization-wide meetings and trainings as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Program Manager, Emergency Shelter” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.