Do you have program management experience in a nonprofit organization?
Do you have knowledge of agriculture and the farming industry?
Are you familiar with business management including planning, recordkeeping, and financial operations?
We are currently in search of a Program Manager for an Environmental Organization. The organization is located in Athens, GA. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Organization
LOCATION: Athens, GA
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager
DURATION: Full-time; temp to perm
SALARY: $14/hour – $17/hour (commensurate with experience)
Is This Your Dream Job? Our client is seeking a full-time Program Manager to manage the Farm program. The Program Manager will provide educational programming on both sustainable agriculture practices and farm management, and one-on-one coaching for socially disadvantaged farmers in the area. The Program Manager will assist participants with business management and improve operations.
Our client was founded in 1994 and leads several program initiatives including a Land Conservation Program and a Housing Program. Notable honors and awards include the Earthcraft Builder of the Year, Athens Grow Green Coalition’s Best New Development Award, Athens-Clarke Heritage Foundation’s Preservation Award for Outstanding Rehabilitation, and National Accreditation by the Land Trust Accreditation Commission.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of program or business management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably with a concentration in Business Management, Agriculture, Horticulture, Land or Estate Management, or Crop/Plant Science.
- Microsoft office and experience using the internet
- High attention to detail
- Must possess strong analytical skills and decision making ability
- Self-motivated and deadline driven
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Conduct visits and intakes on location
- Provide coaching to farmers; establish and maintain a mentoring program
- Coordinate workshops and training programs
- Provide resources and technical assistance to constituents
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Program Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.