Are you adept at working independently and remotely?
Do you have demonstrated experience working with USAID rules and regulations?
Do you have a passion for working with an international technology organization?
We are currently in search of a Program Operations Manager for an International Technology Organization. This assignment is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Technology Organization
LOCATION: Remote (Main office in Fairfax, VA)
POSITION TITLE: Program Operations Manager
The Program Operations Manager oversees the current operations of a USAID-funded program team that supports the organization’s broader goals. This role works very closely with other program leads to assist with contracting activities to procure, process, and regulate within USAID confines. Project management duties include: budget preparation, tracking, staff care and other administrative support tasks integral to the day-to-day responsibilities of this managerial role.
- Review company practices on a continual basis to ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations governing cooperative agreements
- Communicating virtually between colleagues, other teams, and senior leadership over multiple time zones
- Assist with budget preparation, monitoring and reporting
- Serving as primary contact for consultants on administrative items
- Work with program managers in preparing contract modifications, subcontracts, purchase orders, consultant work orders/agreements, etc. related to procurement contracts
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 10 years work experience in a professional environment
- Minimum 3 years of recent, relevant experience (This may take form as USAID project management, finance, contracts, operations, or familiarity working with Approval Officers and their representatives.)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a role with strong accounting and/or financial management responsibilities preferred
- Experience working in operations is a plus (budgeting, planning, filing)
- Demonstrated mastery of project management, production approaches and capacity planning
- Experience in an international development organization, working with staff at all levels a plus
- Comfortable working and communicating with various colleagues virtually (via WebEx and Skype)
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.