Are you an energetic people person who loves educating others?
Do you have an interest or passion for military history?
Are you a self-driven individual who can take on responsibility and complete tasks independently?
We are currently in search of a Program and Volunteer Facilitator for a foundation. The position is based in Western Chicagoland. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Foundation
LOCATION: Western Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Program and Volunteer Facilitator
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Program and Volunteer Facilitator is responsible for implementing the volunteer program including recruiting, training, and scheduling volunteers. The Program and Volunteer Facilitator is also responsible for engaging visitors, performing core functions in support of programming and exhibits. This position reports to the Director of Programs and Education.
Our client is a community foundation that works to educate, inform and engage citizens to improve life in our communities.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid-Time Off (PTO) and 11 Paid Holidays
- Elective 403(b) Matching Plan and Employer Paid Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement and much more
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or history is required
- Experience with volunteer coordination is preferred
- Passion for learning and sharing knowledge of military history is required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Background in theater preferred
- Ability to present content in both one-on-one and in group situations
- Experience and passion for working with large groups of children preferred
- Ability to talk and engage visitors for long periods of time
- Basic computer skills such as typing, email, word processing, and internet use required
- Familiarity with Adobe Software is preferred
- Experience with Volgistics volunteer software preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to work some weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
- Able to lift 30 pounds using proper safety
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Recruiting, training, and scheduling for large number of volunteers
- Coordinate volunteers for school tours, programs and events
- Keep volunteer database up to date and enter tour data
- Create the quarterly volunteer newsletter
- Assist volunteer coordinators in planning and implementing volunteer events
- Learn exhibit content and exhibit activities
- Engage visitors with activities and educational content related to exhibits
- Step in as tour guide, activity facilitator or program leader whenever needed
- Assist in facilitating public and educational programming including: tours, field trips, in-classroom programming, and special events
- Assist with maintaining and updating visitor engagement information
- Assist with the set-up and clean-up for any public or educational events
- Ensure personal, staff, volunteer and visitor safety in collaboration with the operations department
- Perform all other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program and Volunteer Facilitator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.