Do you enjoy working independently while supporting development operations?
Do you have 2-3 years development experience in a philanthropic environment?
Are you an energetic, personable worker with strong project management skills?
We are currently in search of a Project Manager of Individual Giving for a Higher Education Institution. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Higher Education Institution
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Project Manager of Individual Giving
SALARY: $55,000 – 59,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Project Manager of Individual Giving supports development operations by managing fundraising projects, cultivating prospective donors and performing administrative duties. He or she will manage programs, and assist with strategic planning, marketing and prospect donor pool research. The Project Manager of Individual Giving also performs data analysis, composes stewardship letters and interacts with donors and volunteer groups. Assisting with Board and Committee meetings, the candidate will lead the team’s activities to ensure goals are met. This role reports to the Associate Vice President and Campaign Director.
Our client is a well–organized, prestigious university in the Chicagoland area. It is heavily metrics driven with a wide range of groundbreaking research and academic programs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years experience in development, experience with donor relations and development administration, strongly preferred
- Experience working with Auxiliary Boards, Committees, and high-level Executives
- BA/BS degree
- Go-getter, driven, energetic and strategic, forward thinker
- High level of emotional intelligence, independent worker but team-oriented
- Strong ability to learn development databases, detail oriented
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, solution-focused
- Deadline-oriented, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and professionalism, multitasker
- Must be able to travel and attend evening and weekends events as necessary
- Valid driver’s license is required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Utilizing project management skills to ensure the team is on track to achieve all goals and objectives
- Tracking data and team progress on reports, letters, presentations, etc.
- Facilitating meetings with donors and prospective donors
- Serving as a Secondary Moves Manager, working closely with supervisor and other Executives
- Coordinating donor visits, solicitations, preparing documents associated with cultivations and solicitations
- Creating acknowledgement letters, collaborating with Donor Relations team to manage recognition efforts
- Drafting solicitation proposals, attending donor visits where appropriate
- Assisting Committees and Auxiliary Boards with meeting agendas, minutes, etc.
- Participating in business planning and budget oversight
- Attending staff meetings, etc.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Manager, Individual Giving” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.