Do you have at least 3 years of proposal writing experience?
Are you skilled in translating complex scientific content to diverse audiences?
Do you thrive in large, highly collaborative organization?
We are currently in search of a Proposal Writer for a Higher Education Institution. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Higher Education Institution
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Proposal Writer
SALARY: $60,000 – 65,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Proposal Writer will write a broad spectrum of fundraising materials created for specific audiences such as prospective donors, family foundations, corporations, or volunteer solicitors. S/he will take comprehensive responsibility in building a persuasive case for each written piece, considering the specific audience, identifying influential facts or statistics, fact checking, and establishing, monitoring, and executing a timeline. S/he will be responsible for written materials and projects such as proposals, correspondence, cultivation visits/meetings, stewardship reports, PowerPoint presentation, and conceptualization of stewardship meetings. This role reports to the Managing Director of Individual Giving.
Our client is a well-organized, prestigious university in the Chicagoland area. It is heavily metrics driven with a wide range of ground breaking research and academic programs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in Journalism, English, Communications or equivalent preferred
- 3+years Proposal Writing experience required
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills including grammar, punctuation, spelling, and style required
- Previous experience working within development/fundraising strongly preferred
- Experience writing in a scientific field or a complex subject matter strongly preferred
- Excellent editing skills
- Experience translating complex subject matters to diverse audiences
- Strong problem-solving and creative-thinking skills
- Adept project manager
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Research, write, and edit a variety of communications, publications, and/or reports for a fundraising campaign team
- Determine, research, verify, write, and edit content material
- Assist with writing and/or editing technical/scientific material for manuals or journals
- Work with the Managing Director to create and execute an annual communications plan
- Coordinate projects and serve as project manager across departments, as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Proposal Writer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.