Do you have 1 year of experience working in crisis intervention?
Are you a compassionate care-giver?
We are currently in search of a Residential Assistant for a Human Services Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Human Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Residential Assistant
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $14.00 – $15.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? Working directly with population experiencing chronic homelessness and providing care and support as needed. This position is for evening residential care.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 1 year of experience working in a residential setting preferred
- Experience working with vulnerable populations strongly preferred
- Has a warm, compassionate demeanor and serves with care
- CPI and crisis management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and open to learning database
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop rapport with each resident through routine contact and communication
- Complete daily intake paperwork and bed assignments
- On-site laundry
- Supervising dinner
- Immediately report serious incidents and respond appropriately to other resident needs
- Sign off on clients who take medication with staff supervision
- Participate in all-staff meetings and trainings as required
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Residential Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.