Are you passionate about serving the homeless population of DC?
Do you have experience with these populations or in a residential setting?
We are currently in search of a Residential Assistant for a Human Services Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. There are part-time, full-time and on-call positions available.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Human Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Residential Assistant
SCHEDULE: Varies; (7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm or overnight)
HOURLY PAY: $14.00 – $15.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Residential Assistant works directly with a population of chronically homeless women experiencing mental illness and/or addiction. This position is mostly at the front desk, assisting with administrative tasks and responding to resident needs as they arise. Some shifts involve meal prep.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 1 year of experience working in a residential setting or with homeless populations
- Knowledge of addictive behaviors a plus
- Has a warm, compassionate demeanor and serves with care
- Crisis management skills required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop rapport with each resident through routine contact and communication
- Ensuring residents complete their daily tasks and chores
- Provide administrative assistance to residents
- Communicate with staff for general office needs
- Certain shifts require meal prep
- Immediately report serious incidents and respond appropriately to other resident needs
- Participate in all-staff meetings and trainings as required
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Residential Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.