Are you a senior level administrative associate?
Are you a self-starter?
Are you an expert multi-tasker?
We are currently in search of a Senior Administrative Officer for an International Youth Organization. The position is based in Arlington, VA. This is a temporary to permanent, part time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Youth Organization
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
POSITION TITLE: Senior Administrative Officer
DURATION: 6 months, part time
Is This Your Dream Job? This role is a key to maintaining order and support for the Executive team in all administrative functions including: complex domestic and international travel arrangement, expense report processing, management of vendor identification, execution of special projects and handling customer service inquiries. This organization is looking for someone with superior administrative talent that fits all of the requirements listed below. This person must be a solution-oriented self-starter ready to hop on new projects. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and the leadership of which it directly works.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience providing high level administrative support to multiple executives concurrently in fast-paced, service-oriented environment
- Acute attention to detail and quality control
- Ability to identify and manage priorities effectively, consistently meeting deadlines
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Extraordinary customer service and outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional professional demeanor, and utmost discretion with sensitive personal and professional information. Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Expert Microsoft Suite user, with proven experience using shortcut tools in Word, Excel formulas, and time-saving features in Outlook. Familiarity with expense reporting software such as Concur or Expensify.
- Strong research skills, with ability to identify primary sources and seek information from a diverse body of knowledge
- Proven proactive problem-solver who identifies creative solutions, is largely self-sufficient and does not require extensive direction
- Strategic communications experience such as editing and preparing communications pieces for internal and external audiences
- Experience with marketing initiatives, including the use of social media
- Personal experience with international travel and inter-cultural understanding
- Non-profit experience
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Supporting the Executive team in all administrative functions
- Calendar management, travel arrangement, and expense report processing
- Maintaining professional correspondence with customers and internal colleagues
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Senior Administrative Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.