Do you have 3-5 years of communications experience?
Are you a skilled graphic designer as well?
We are currently in search of a Senior Communications Manager for an Educational Organization. The position is based in Reston, VA. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Organization
LOCATION: Reston, VA (Wiehle-Reston East metro)
POSITION TITLE: Senior Communications Manager
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $16.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Sr. Communications Manager is responsible for the creation and curation of content for publications and collateral, and for the delivery of content to its assigned outlet. This position is design-intensive with an emphasis on page layout and digital branding and engagement, but also includes researching, writing, and copy editing as needed. Understanding of print processes and best practices for digital delivery (web and social media) are essential. Public Relations experience is preferred as this position requires coordination of outreach to varying media outlets.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-5 years of communications/graphic design experience required
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience with social media engagement a plus
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Interest in public relations highly desirable
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Designing logos, brochures and other material used for advertising and donor engagement
- Overseeing social media sites
- Proactively create and deliver press releases and reach out to media as necessary for events and conferences
- Maintain relevant and updated website presence and add/delete content as needed
- Provide support to Director of Communications as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.