Are you a Development professional with 7+ years of experience?
Do your strengths include major gifts and individual giving?
Have you created and managed a range of development campaigns?
We are currently in search of a Senior Development Officer for a nonprofit organization. The position is based in the Atlanta Metro Area. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
LOCATION: Atlanta Metro Area
POSITION TITLE: Senior Development Officer
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Senior Development Officer is responsible for implementing the annual development plan, including strategies for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts; as well as individual giving and campaign management.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7+ years progressive experience in development: particularly with individual giving, major gift solicitation, and campaign experience
- Demonstrated experience soliciting 5- to 6-figure gifts
- Experience developing strategy and implementing best practices
- Bachelor’s degree, Advanced degree preferred
- Go-getter, self-motivated, collaborative, understanding, approachable, easy-going with ability to work with multiple personalities
- Strategic, proactive, creative thinker
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Collaborating with various team members to develop annual and long-term fundraising plans
- Identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio of major gift donors
- Managing a comprehensive solicitation, benefits fulfillment, and customer service program for all donors: preparing mid-size donors for major-giving and establishing long-term loyalty
- Creating policies and procedures that ensure a positive donor experience; building steps and processes for donor stewardship, recognition, etc.
- Creating and managing various development campaigns
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Development Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.