Are you interested in joining a dedicated, fresh and new development team at one of Chicago’s top museums?
Do you enjoy building teams and mentoring staff?
Does testing and implementing new development strategies excite you?
Do you have 7-10 years progressive development experience and 4 years supervisory experience?
We are currently in search of a Senior Director of Development for a The Adler Planetarium. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: The Adler Planetarium
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Senior Director of Development
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Senior Director of Development is responsible for implementing the annual development plan, including strategies for identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts, as well as individual, corporate and foundation donors. This role will provide leadership, mentorship and professional development opportunities for the development team. He or She will report to the VP of Development and supervise the Senior Development Manager and Board Relations Manager with potential for additional direct reports. Our client offers a dynamic work environment, work/life balance and the chance to join a dedicated and enthusiastic team.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, etc.
- 403(b) with matching
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7-10 years progressive experience in development: broad range of experience in individual, corporate and foundational giving as well as major gift solicitation, membership and grants experience in desired
- Demonstrated experience soliciting 5 to 6 figure gifts, required
- Experience developing strategy and implementing best practices
- At least 4 years experience supervising and mentoring teams
- Bachelors degree, Advanced degree preferred
- CFRE preferred
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, required
- Ability to implement strategies for donor engagement while training and mentoring the development team
- Ability to get buy-in from fellow Directors and collaborate across departments
- Go-getter, self-motivated, collaborative, understanding, approachable, easy-going with ability to work with multiple personalities
- Strategic, proactive, creative thinker
- Dedication to and enthusiasm for the mission of Adler Planetarium
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Collaborating with various team leaders to develop annual and long-term fundraising plans
- Maintaining a portfolio of 50 donors, starting at the $100K range
- Providing mentorship and management for the Development team, establishing a collaborative culture that places donors’ needs first
- Creating policies and procedures that ensure a positive donor experience; building steps and processes for donor stewardship, recognition, etc.
- Managing a comprehensive solicitation, benefits fulfillment and customer service program for all donors: preparing mid-size donors for major-giving tactics and establish long-term loyalty
- Collaborating with the Vice President of Development and President in communication with major donors
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Director of Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.