Do you have previous event coordination experience?
Are you a team player comfortable working in fast paced environments?
We are currently in search of a Special Projects Coordinator for a Professional Association. The position is based in College Park, MD. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Professional Association
LOCATION: College Park, Maryland
POSITION TITLE: Special Projects Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary, On – Going
SCHEUDLE: Full-Time (40 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $14.00 – $16.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Special Projects Coordinator will strengthen the capacity to serve the organizations membership, and impact in the field of journalism. This position will support, and working closely with the Director of Development.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a non-profit fundraising setting
- Excellent interpersonal (written & oral), and organizational skills
- Great attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple assignments and complex tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel occasionally and work some nights/weekends as needed
- Team player with the ability to take independent initiative
- A dynamic, fresh and results-driven approach to project management
- Tailored approach to building and maintaining relationships
- A comprehension of journalism and media partnering and funding
- Goal oriented and deadline driven
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Ensuring sponsor benefits are fulfilled in collaboration with events team and vendors
- Briefing all corporate partners on engagement benefits, day of event logistics, and run of show
- Managing vendors associated with event planning, production, and execution
- Preparing event collateral and marketing materials as needed with the Communications team and other partners
- Assisting in recruiting, assigning, and training on-site volunteers for day-of event needs
- Overseeing Convention scholarship application process
- Coordinating Call for Proposals for Convention and Career Fair
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Special Projects Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.