Have you developed and managed a large marketing campaign for fundraising efforts?
Do you have a proven track record of growing and developing a team?
Do you have at least 7 years experience in a Senior-level marketing role with 2+ years experience managing digital strategy and CRM software?
Would you describe yourself as motivated, energetic and determined?
We are currently in search of a Senior Director of Marketing and Donor Relations for a Higher Educational Institution. This is a full-time, permanent assignment based in Chicago, IL.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Higher Educational Institution
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Senior Director of Marketing and Donor Relations
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Senior Director of Marketing and Donor Relations plays an integral role in the fundraising success of the institution by creating, implementing, managing and overseeing marketing and donor relations efforts which will encourage philanthropy. She or He is responsible for leading the Marketing and Donor Relations team in strategies which will ensure brand awareness and maximum donor identification, engagement, cultivation and stewardship. The Senior Director will model and implement a multi-channel marketing plan that is critical to the institution’s current campaign.
Collaborating with 3 other Directors, the Senior Director will manage fundraising priorities of the marketing campaigns and messages from the University, University Alumni Relations and University Marketing and Communications. He or She will also collaborate with the Associate Vice President to recommend and implement strategies.
The Senior Director of Marketing and Donor Relations will supervise a team of up to 9 employees and may have up to 6 direct reports working in areas of Donor Relations, Digital Strategy and Donor Relations. He or She will lead the team in managing the annual budget, identifying outcomes and agendas for team meetings. The Senior Director will report to and work closely with the Associate Vice President of Development.
Our client is a well–organized, prestigious university in the Chicagoland area. It is heavily metrics driven with a wide range of groundbreaking research and academic programs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a similar role with relevant duties required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in multi-media, digital strategy and CRM software management related role required
- Strong management and supervisory experience with 5+ direct reports required
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing a large, successful marketing and communications campaign for fundraising
- Previous administrative responsibility in a large, hierarchical organization
- Experience working in higher education or healthcare fundraising with an interest in health care policy or medical research
- Experience working in a large, hierarchical organization, experience in collaborating across cross-functional teams
- Outstanding collaborator and innovator with history of leading and implementing strategic Web and digital media communications
- Strong knowledge of and experience in brand marketing, advertising, direct response fundraising and donor relations
- Proficiency with cross-media research and marketing mix modelling techniques
- Experience with latest media measurement practices
- Strong analytical skills including reporting, building dashboards, predictive modelling, and advanced analytics
- Fluency with core media tools such as ad servers and first party research, as well as CRM platforms, DMPs and leading industry vendors online and offline media, social, website and audience targeting
- Familiarity with current trends in information technology and application in relation to communication strategies
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to learn and manipulate databases
- Ability to navigate political environments and command attention across all fields
- Public speaking experience
- Creative, problem-solver, detail-oriented
- Positive sense of humor, dedicated, motivated, hard-worker
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assigning and supervising marketing, designing, web and digital projects to the team
- Managing staff, implementing project management tools and evaluating work product and productivity; forecasts project timelines, anticipates challenges
- Coordinating efforts with Marketing and Donor Relations team, ensure strategies and plans align with the fundraising goals
- Managing research, analysis, implementation and execution of all activities related to cultivating and stewarding donors such as:
- Digital fundraising
- Website coordination and management
- CRM management, integration and execution
- Donor surveys, cause marketing and promotions
- Social media innovation
- General advertising strategies, including video storytelling
- Collaborating with fundraising teams to design and execute donor relations and stewardship programs which incorporate marketing strategies and drive donor solicitation and retention, specifically with Major and Principal gift donors
- Partnering with the Senior Associate Director of Donor Relations to strategize personalized Major and Principal gift donor stewardship opportunities
- Overseeing the Annual Giving program and the Assistant Director of Annual Giving
- Developing a Marketing and Donor Relations Plan to support Campaign and Annual Plan goals, monitoring progress of plans and projects
- Constantly improving the efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Leading the Marketing and Donor Relations team in Annual Business Planning, monitoring the annual budget, and creating agendas and outcomes for the team
- Employing analytical and communication skills on a daily basis
- Staffing various fundraising events as requested by supervisor
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Director of Marketing and Donor Relations” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.