Are you a people-person with a finance background?
Are you passionate about serving military families?
We are currently in search of a Staff Accountant for a Military Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Military Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
DURATION: Direct Hire/ Permanent Position
HOURLY PAY: $58,000-65,000 annual
Is This Your Dream Job? The Staff Accountant will be responsible for performing general bookkeeping, maintaining financial records, reports and assisting in the preparation and analyzing of budgets and monthly financial metrics, and will relieve the Director of Financial Services of certain responsibilities which will allow him to spend a greater portion of his time on higher level functions.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting required, not-for-profit accounting experience preferred
- Experience with Intacct and Bill.Com preferred
- Strict attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Prior military service a strong plus
How you will spend your day:
- Support the Director of Financial Services in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department
- Maintain and reconcile the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules on a monthly basis
- Process Accounts Payables through Bill.Com by coding and assigning invoices to department heads for approval
- Analyze and reconcile internal general ledger accounts and bank statements
- Assist in tracking financial transactions in Intacct and Bill.Com as they relate to the Strategic Plan
- Assist in preparation of schedules and documentation required for the annual audit
- Assist the Director of Financial Services with the tracking and maintaining of company insurance policies
- Assist the Director of Financial Services with payroll processing as needed
- Assist the Director of Financial Services with Charitable Gift Annuity Program management, recordkeeping and documentation
- Review and prepare annual 1099 MISC and 1099-R forms
- Review and enter into Intacct, daily credit card and cash receipts for the Ship’s Store
- Review and upload to Intacct, check deposit information prepared by the Administrative and Finance Assistant for check deposits
- Prepare and upload to Intacct, deposit information from external credit card processors
- Analyze current procedures and recommend changes to develop and implement best practice accounting procedures and internal controls
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, continued education, participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – by the Director of Financial Services
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.