Are you a proactive professional with experience as a staff accountant for a nonprofit organization?
We are currently in search of a Staff Accountant for a Healthcare Association. The position is based in Bethesda, MD. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Healthcare Association
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
DURATION: Temporary, On-going
SCHEUDLE: Full-time (37 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $20.00-25.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Staff Accountant should be a results and detail oriented team player required to work closely with diverse teams. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for performing various general and specific financial accounting and managerial accounting duties. This candidate should be adaptable and eager to take on new tasks as well as collaborate with a dynamic team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (with CPA being a plus)
- At least three years of relevant experience
- Experience with (General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts, Accounts Payable and Cash Disbursements) and reconciles monthly bank statements
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be detailed-oriented and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously with adherence to deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and familiarity with batch processing accounting/bookkeeping software preferred
- Proficiency in Financial Edge and ADP
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Responsible for daily accounting operations: accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll General Ledger reconciliations, and cash management
- Prepares monthly financial reports, balance sheets, and variance reports
- Fulfilling basic management accounting responsibilities: interpreting and applying approved accounting procedures and staff policies
- Under the guidance the CEO, complete the monthly close and financial reporting for the entire organization.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and schedules to support journal entries and balances in the general ledger
- Maintains check registers for all accounts, reviews batch activity prepared by Business Manager and prepares and posts monthly general ledger journal entries.
- Reviewing on a bi-weekly basis, accounts payable subsidiary ledger batches
- Performing monthly bank reconciliations and submit for review
- Performing any other additional financial and operational duties as needed
- Monitors operating cash according to Association policies
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.