Have you worked in or around grants?
Do you have more than 2 years of strong accounting experience?
Are you successful in managing multiple budgets and accounts?
We are currently in search of a Staff Accountant for a Financial Service Association. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Financial Service Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
Is This Your Dream Job? The Staff Accountant will be managed by the Grants Controller and the Chief Financial Officer. The Grants Accountant’s main focus is to support the grants managing team: processing accounts payable and grants payments, reading and reporting on grant agreements, and general administrative support. The Staff Accountant needs to be diligent, collaborative, and have exemplary communication skills.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 403(b) and generous employer matching
- PTO, Holiday Pay
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Casual Fridays
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of accounting experience, not for profit experience preferred
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Microsoft Dynamics SL and Excel experience preferred, but not necessary
- Experience in accounting for grants and federal regulations preferred
- Can clearly communicate with people on all levels of the organization, including offices overseas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to research and analyze information accurately
- Doesn’t need to be micromanaged
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Processing accounts payable, providing maintenance of operating the petty cash file
- Monitoring various budgets vs. actual expenses
- Completing monthly bank reconciliations of several grant and operating accounts
- Collaborating with Grants Manager and Controller in calculating grant reimbursements, preparing quarterly reports required by each grant, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Managing the Credit Card Reports on a monthly basis
- Process accounts payables and credit card reports
- Working closely with external auditors for HQ Audit and Grant Audits
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Staff Accountant for Grant Department” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.