Are you a proactive professional with experience as a staff accountant for a nonprofit organization?
We are currently in search of a Staff Accountant for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
SCHEUDLE: Full-time (40 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $17.00-22.99/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Staff Accountant should be a results and detail oriented team player required to work closely with diverse teams. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for performing various general and specific financial accounting and managerial accounting duties. This candidate should be adaptable and eager to take on new tasks as well as collaborate with a dynamic team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (with CPA being a plus)
- Appropriate General Ledger accounting and/or Finance & Tax knowledge experience may be substituted for degree
- At least three years of relevant experience
- Familiarity and working knowledge of US GAAP financial accounting, FASB codification as relates to 501 (c)(3) exempt organizations and OMB Circulars A-122 and A-133 are prerequisites for this position
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be detailed-oriented and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously with adherence to deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and familiarity with batch processing accounting/bookkeeping software preferred
- Experience with Financial Edge is preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Responsible for daily accounting operations: accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll General Ledger reconciliations, and cash management
- Fulfilling basic management accounting responsibilities: interpreting and applying approved accounting procedures and staff policies
- Under the guidance the DFMS, complete the monthly close and financial reporting for the entire organization. Assist with finalizing the CEO’s semi-monthly CEO’s financial statements report to the Board of Directors
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and schedules to support journal entries and balances in the general ledger
- Work to improve financial internal control processes/systems, including adapt current policies for pending new accounting/payroll/timekeeping systems
- Reviewing on a bi-weekly basis, accounts payable subsidiary ledger batches
- Working closely with program directors and project managers to monitor/explain budget variances on a monthly periodic basis
- Assisting with the development (fundraising) staff with grant proposals as relates to financial assumptions formulations and project-specific budgets as well as compliance reporting for donor assisted funds or grants
- Develop and maintain an organization-wide matrix for compliance reporting and risk assessment and mitigation
- Performing monthly bank reconciliations and submit for review
- Preparing and updating as required, schedules relating annual external audits
- Performing any other additional financial and operational duties as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.