Are you an experienced Staff Accountant who is passionate about serving others in your community? Are you looking to join a growing team and take on new challenges? Do you have more than 3 years of nonprofit accounting experience?
We are currently in search of a Staff Accountant for a Social Services organization. The position is based in North Bay (San Francisco Bay Area). This is a perm, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services
LOCATION: North Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
SALARY: $65,000 – $80,000/year (commensurate with experience)
Is This Your Dream Job?
As the Staff Accountant, you will play a key role in providing day‐to‐day accounting and operations support to the nonprofit organization. You will report directly to the Accounting Manager, working with finance and accounting team members on a daily basis. Your main responsibilities include account and general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, creating financial reports, and helping to improve processes. If you have experience with processing payroll and in project accounting, that will be beneficial to your position and the organization. You must be an organized and detail-oriented professional. If you are a curious, solution-focused team player, you are encouraged to apply.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, etc.
- 403(b) plan
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-4 years required
- BA/BS in accounting, business, or finance preferred
- Experience with GAAP accounting and nonprofit experience a plus
- Experience with Blackbaud products, specifically Financial Edge preferred
- Knowledge of payroll and accounting software a plus
- Skilled in multi-tasking, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to carry and lift objects weighing 10-25 pounds
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Reconcile cash and bank accounts
- Monitor and maintain fixed asset database
- Prepare financial statements and reports for management team
- Prepare month‐end closing journal entries and reconcile GL accounts
- Support Accounting Manager in the areas of employee benefits, retirement plan administration, payroll, and insurance
- Assist department in preparing for external audits and tax filings
- Support finance and accounting team in budget and forecast planning
- Participate in process improvement and database implementation projects
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.