Are you passionate about protecting our environment and conserving resources for future generations? Have you managed all areas of accounting within a nonprofit? Do you have experience in processing payroll and managing all aspects of AP and AR?
We are currently in search of a Staff Accountant for an Environmental Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
DURATION: 3-6 months
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Staff Accountant, you will report directly to the CFO and manage the majority of accounting activities for the department. Main activities will include processing payroll, closing the month’s end, balancing out the restricted funds.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of nonprofit accounting experience
- Adept in MS Office Suite
- Experience with Financial Edge ideal
- Ability to meet short deadlines and work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Passionate about environmental conservation efforts
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage all aspects of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable process
- Process payroll on time and with 100% accuracy
- Maintain general ledger
- Manage fixed assets
- Reconcile accounts and prepaid expenses
- Track credit card purchases and make monthly payments
- Manage bank deposits process
- Oversee vendor relations as necessary
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.