Have you provided services and support to association chapters?
Are you a detail oriented and analytical project manager?
Are you a humble leader with excellent relationship building skills?
We are currently in search of a State Associations’ Manager for a healthcare association. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a full-time, 2-year assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Healthcare Association
LOCATION: Northern Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: State Associations’ Manager
DURATION: Full-time, 2-year assignment
Is This Your Dream Job?
The State Associations’ Manager is responsible for managing a 2-year pilot program which involves coordinating the day-to-day operations and activities for selected state associations to further achieve the goals, objectives, and standards of the association. The pilot program is guaranteed for 2 years with potential to continue on if proven to be successful to the association and all chapters involved. This role reports to the Sr. Director of State Management Affairs.
Our client is a professional healthcare association dedicated to advancing its members’ professional development and impacting the quality of their services.
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Vacation and PTO Time
- Many additional employee benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or equivalent experience required
- CAE (Certified Association Executive) preferred
- 5 years of manager-level experience in an association required
- Experience providing services and support to association chapters and leaders required
- Healthcare association management experience is a plus
- Demonstrated working knowledge of association governance activities and Board functions required
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and to assist others in an effective problem-solving process
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective member of a team, to delegate effectively and to effectively make high-level management decisions in a timely manner
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills a must
- Strong computer skills and in depth working knowledge of information systems
- Social skills for contacts with membership, Board of Directors and Committee members, other external organizations and associations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment and multi-task on several projects at one time
- Willing to take on a 2-year pilot program and collect analytical data on impact and outcomes
- Regular weekend meetings and out-of-town travel required (approximately 20-30% of the time)
- Evening conference call availability required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Actively supporting and interfacing with the state associations’ boards of directors to provide day to day management support and to implement their directives and initiatives
- Coordinate and provide proactive and high-quality support for board functions, including scheduling, communication and correspondence
- Develop board meeting agendas and background information and assure that the agendas are aligned with key priorities and strategic issues
- Facilitate board meetings and conference calls, participate in strategic dialogues, and prepare meeting minutes
- Take minutes of Board meetings and submit them for review and approval by the board
- Develop post-board meeting action list and provide follow up as appropriate to assure timely implementation
- Seeing that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all-important factors influencing the Association
- Coordinate orientation and development support for the state association board members and other state association leaders
- Identify a list of external resources or consultants to provide the following state association support services: meetings, marketing and communications, public relations support and financial management guidance
- Monitor website content, identify updates and ensure ongoing maintenance of organization(s) web presence
- Appropriately manage highly sensitive and confidential issues and documents
- Traveling to different states to support board meetings
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “State Associations’ Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.