Do you have experience in visitor services or recreational safety?
Are you adaptable and able to make decisions independently?
Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service?
We are currently in search of a Visitors Service and Safety Evening Supervisor for a Community Foundation. The position is based in Western Chicagoland. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Foundation
LOCATION: Western Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Visitors Service and Safety Evening Supervisor
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Visitors Service and Safety Evening Supervisor plans, coordinates and manages shift operations consistent with established department procedures, to protect the foundation’s assets and provide safety and quality service to all employees, volunteers and visitors.
Our client is a Community Foundation that works to educate, inform and engage citizens to improve life in our communities.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid-Time Off (PTO) and 11 Paid Holidays
- Elective 403(b) Matching Plan and Employer Paid Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement and much more
- Flexible schedule options
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2 years of experience in visitor services, parks and recreation, safety or related field required
- Associates degree in security, parks and recreation or related field preferred
- Supervisory experience required
- Excellent communication skills, to include writing, speaking and listening
- Basic knowledge of applicable computer programs including MS Office Suite
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time and be able to lift at least 50 lbs. to just above the waist
- Valid IL Driver’s License
- Available to work weekends, evenings and select holidays
- Must become trained in First Aid, C.P.R. and Automated External Defibrillator and maintain valid certification
- Must take child safety class and become a mandated reporter
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Maintain the integrity of a professional safety and service staff necessary to carry out the principal function
- Manage and make direct assignments of shift personnel
- Provide reports, both oral and written, as requested by the Director of Visitor Services or Safety and Service Manager, on personnel, safety and administrative matters
- Make all necessary, immediate decisions involving safety and service matters
- Perform minor administrative duties associated with shift personnel
- Perform all safety and service officer and supervisory duties of any shift in order to assure proper shift coverage as necessary
- Make recommendations to Director of Visitor Services or Safety and Service Manager on personnel and department matters when requested
- Maintain various computer logs, to include but not limited to, parking booth statistics
- Conduct cash out procedures of the cash register
- Assist the Director of Visitor Services and Safety and Service Manager with supervision of the night shift
- Fourth on-call for after-hours emergencies
- Assist the Safety and Service Manager in wildlife management to include calling professionals for trapping and removal
- Assist the Director in the planning and implementation of the special activities programs to include but not limited to, set up and break down, assisting vendors with transporting supplies, moving tables/chairs and putting up tents
- In coordination with the Day Shift Supervisor maintain a log of quarterly lights out reports, monthly fire extinguisher checks, and monthly AED checks
- In coordination with the Day Shift Supervisor monitor and enforce the correct use of the Detex Tag System
- Oversee the department’s visitor assistance duties to include first aid calls, tram service, motorist assists and any other assistance issues that arise
- Assist the Manager with the Annual Employee Evaluation process
- Assist the Cleaning Team when needed to assure the cleanliness of the park
- Must become knowledgeable in a wide range of information regarding the Foundation in order to relay accurate and timely information to visitor inquiries
- Participate in an on-going professional development program with the guidance from immediate supervisor
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Visitors Service and Safety Evening Supervisor” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.