Do you have at least 2 years of fundraising experience?
Are you experienced in coordinating fundraising walks or events?
Do you have 2 years of experience in client and donor relationship building?
We are currently in search of a Walk Manager for a National Health Organization. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Dallas, TX.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: National Health Organization
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
POSITION TITLE: Walk Manager
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY: $50,000 – $55,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Walk Manager will be responsible for raising funds and significantly increasing goals through strategic planning, volunteer recruitment and management, and creative thinking to execute the client’s walk campaign in the North Texas region. This position will provide leadership, vision, and support to chapter volunteers to help maximize growth potential of the campaign. This role will report to the Area Executive Director.
Our client is a national health organization focused on providing research, education, and support to help cure multiple chronic diseases.
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Personal and Sick
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Fundraising experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred
- Experience securing major gifts and corporate sponsorships required
- Strong background in volunteer recruitment, management and development required
- Fundraising walk or run experience required with excellent planning and budgeting skills
- Experience in managing staff and committees preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of Peer to Peer Fundraising
- Previous experience working with health or medical organizations preferred
- Experience using Convio and excellent MS Office skills preferred
- Available to work some evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with a variety individuals, volunteers and businesses
- Ability to conduct professional business presentations and knowledge of sales process is a plus
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a collaborative team
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to show significant revenue growth
- Meet annual fundraising goals through the development and implementation of the annual operational plan
- Build and delegate responsibilities to volunteer and board committees to plan and execute successful fundraising events
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate marketing strategies to recruit, acknowledge and retain event participants and sponsors
- Develop a marketing and promotional plan to increase visibility, community awareness and participation
- Identify, recruit and mobilize high level business and community leaders to serve as corporate chair and Executive committee members
- Form partnerships with high level volunteers in order to gain the most production and ensure long term retention
- Participate in and attend all local chapters’ activities and events (usually evenings and/or weekends)
- Support other chapter activities such as education, fundraising and board development as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Walk Manager – Dallas” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.