Do you have 2+ years of program management experience for a direct-service organization?
Are you passionate about serving vulnerable populations?
We are currently in search of an Assistant Program Manager for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary/temp to hire assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (NW)
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Program Manager
DURATION: At least 3 months, Temp to Hire Possible
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/ week (M-F 10am-6pm; must be flexible to respond to calls after hours)
HOURLY PAY: $20.00-$22.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Assistant Program Manager will work at a local homeless shelter, providing supervision to the staff and day to day operations of the program. This could include de-escalating conflicts, entering data into the system on case management, training and instilling confidence in program staff to handle problems independently and facilitating changes/updates to the programs to meet client needs. This person will have support from their direct supervisor as well as the other assistant managers in similar programs, but will need to have prior experience serving vulnerable populations in a residential or congregate setting. Depending on fit, this could be a temp to hire opportunity, with an estimate salary of about $45-$50k.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Combined experience and education amounting to 3 years in direct-services required
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience required
- Prior experience serving people who are experiencing homelessness, mental illness, trauma and/or addiction required
- Some exposure to working in a residential facility highly preferred
- Prior experience with case management data entry preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assist Program Manager in leading operations, client activities and overall shelter programs
- Supervise Resident Assistant; approve timesheets and ensure adequate staffing levels for each shift
- Build rapport with residents, deliver services in a manner that is trauma-informed, dignified and respectful
- Assist Program Manager in coaching and professional development of staff
- Meet with residents to resolve disputes and de-escalate conflicts as necessary
- Serve as point of contact for community partners
- Respond to calls from staff requiring guidance/support during off-hours as needed
- Defuse and de-escalate difficult situations involving clients and staff as needed
- Assist Program Manager in maintaining a professional culture that promotes teamwork and empathy
- Assist Program Manager to ensure accurate and timely data entry of client information as per contract requirements
- Attend all required trainings and staff meetings
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Assistant Program Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.