Do you have 6+ years’ experience in Child Welfare and Youth Services leadership?
Are you looking to join a growing team and make an impact in the community?
We are currently in search of a Director of Placement and Intact Services for a Community and Social Services nonprofit. The position is based in Chicago, IL This is a Permanent, Full-Time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community and Social Services
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
POSITION TITLE: Director of Placement and Intact Services
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: $75,000 – $80,000/annually, (benefits available)
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to Sr. Director of Child Welfare Programs, this role ensures the implementation of all operational standards and program policies and procedures, management of program budgets, monitoring of client services, and involvement of quality assurance efforts. This position supervises the Program Supervisors, and Permanency Specialist. **This position requires the candidate to pass certain security clearances per Federal and State client contracts. The role will operate remotely at this time with the expectation of occasionally being out in the field.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 6+ years’ management experience in licensed child welfare agency required
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university
- LCSW certification strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience working in a foster care program setting.
- Knowledgeable of current child welfare standards and best practices.
- Possess a caring and approachable method when engaged with clients and staff
- Ability to advocate for the needs of the families served and of the program.
- Knowledgeable of work safety standards and practices.
- Valid driver’s license and access to personal transportation required
How You Will Spend Your Day
- Oversees and manages the implementation of program policies, procedures, and systems and ensures all placement and intact programs and services function efficiently and effectively.
- Works with program to implement any needed remediation of any known non-compliance.
- Acts as a liaison to DCFS and other service providers for all programs.
- Remain knowledgeable of all current and updated DCFS mandates and requirements as well as best practices in the area of foster care, foster parenting, child welfare and intact services.
- Prepares reports as required by funding or accrediting agencies or as requested.
Budgets and Finance:
- Monitors reports related to inventory and financial controls and staffing resources.
- As necessary, prepares for the successful completion of all audits, including DCFS compliance reviews.
- Collaborate with leadership in seeking additional funding sources to support existing programming and to grow new or expanded programming.
- Manage systems for data collection and reporting around key program indicators, outputs and outcomes.
- Monitors reports related to key performance indicators to ensure services will be of maximum quality.
- Implements operating methods and procedures designed to enhance operations, improve service quality, minimize operating cost and optimize greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Hires, develops, and supervises personnel in a manner consistent with organization’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Provides and/or secures any needed training and technical assistance for all program staff in order to ensure program quality and professional development opportunities.
- Promotes staff development with assessment and training.
- Recognizes staff for contributions and fosters a cohesive working environment by providing needed information, tools and resources.
- Sets consistent performance targets and specific goals in coordination with the Sr. Director.
Stakeholder and Community Development:
- Identify and establish, in conjunction with program staff, appropriate linkages and partnerships with other community service providers as resource options and supports for staff and client participants.
- Represents organization on DCFS and child welfare related committees, workgroups and/or meetings as required or as schedule permits.
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Placement and Intact Services” in the subject line.