Are you a strategic and creative Marketing and Communications professional with 5+ years of relevant experience? Have you created and executed a successful marketing and communications strategy? Are you passionate about supporting immigrant communities and lifting barriers to their success?
We are currently searching for a Marketing & Communications Senior Manager for a Community/Direct Service Organization supporting immigrants (both individuals and families). The position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community/Direct Service Organization supporting immigrants (both individuals and families)
LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area
POSITION TITLE: Marketing & Communications Senior Manager
ANNUAL SALARY: $70-$80K+ (commensurate with experience)
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Marketing & Communications Senior Manager, you will serve as the primary ambassador for the organization, skillfully and effectively building internal and external relationships, driving awareness and support for the organization among all primary audiences, including donors, clients, volunteers, partners, advocates, and community members. Reporting to the Development Director, you will supervise a full-time Communications Coordinator. This position collaborates extensively with diverse internal and external stakeholders, including the Executive team, to lead the development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies and measure and report the success of elevating the organization’s brand and improving audience engagement. You will support program leadership to develop, implement and monitor strategies to educate and engage their target audiences. You are a creative and strategic thinker who is collaborative, practical, focused, and detail-oriented. You possess strong writing and editing skills and are an influential advisor to colleagues.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years experience in a related position, including 1+ year of direct supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Communications or Digital Media
- Experience with web design, Google Analytics, Salesforce (or other CRM)
- Goal-oriented and collaborative leader with an optimistic, curious, and enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to think strategically, creatively problem solve, and exercise good judgment
- Experience communicating effectively among diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Knowledge of issues impacting Latino immigrant and low-income communities
- Bilingual/biliterate (English – Spanish) strongly preferred
- Some fundraising experience or interest in learning about nonprofit fundraising is preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Collaborate with the Development Director and Executive team to create and implement a marketing and communications strategy (including brand stewardship, media strategy, messaging, and public relations) targeting key audiences
- Oversee and manage marketing and communications strategy and messaging, implementing consistent branding in all print and digital assets and ensuring messaging aligns with the agency’s core values, mission, programs, and impact
- Serve as the primary content editor for marketing and communications projects, including newsletters, fundraising appeals, annual reports, white papers, brochures, and other print and electronic collateral
- Lead and guide the development of print and electronic collateral, such as brochures, promotional videos, newsletters, press releases, and annual reports
- Support the development of print and digital fundraising campaign and appeal content for individual and institutional donor audiences
- Partner with Program leadership to develop and support the implementation of communications strategies and plans aimed at engaging client and advocate audiences
- Train internal team members and volunteers on branding and messaging to ensure consistency of messaging across platforms, communications, and events
- Manage the budget for marketing, communications, and events
- Supervise and mentor a full-time Communications Coordinator; hire and supervise contractors to support projects as needed
- Actively maintain and develop relationships with English and Spanish media outlets and
- Implement media strategies aimed at brand awareness-building and development relationships with English and Spanish media outlets to cultivate media interest in the agency’s initiatives and activities
- Conduct data management and analysis to help sustain and grow marketing reach to multiple audiences.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Marketing and Communications Senior Manager” in the subject line