Are you looking for the next step in your fundraising career?
Do have at least 3 years of solid experience in the field of Development?
Would you consider yourself a pro when it comes to connecting with donors?
We are currently in search of a Resource Development Manager for a Community Organization. The role is a full-time, permanent opportunity based in Chicago, IL.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (Blue Line)
POSITION TITLE: Resource Development Manager
SCHEDULE: 35+ hours/week
SALARY: $60,000 – $65,000/year
Is This Your Dream Job? The Resource Development Manager works closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the Vice President of Administration to plan, direct and carry out the overall fundraising efforts for the organization. This includes overseeing foundation and corporation giving and individual donor program efforts, as well as assisting in program planning and communication strategies of the organization. This is an in-person role, where strict COVID-19 guidelines are enforced.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor Degree required
- 3+ years of Fundraising/Development experience required
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (some evening weekends around events)
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Perform all aspects of resource development including, but not limited to: writing and submitting proposals and reports to existing and new funders, following-up on pending proposals, coordinating funder site visits, actively implementing individual donor and small and local business giving programs, and managing relationships as required.
- Coordinate and carry out foundation and corporation giving program, including, but not limited to grant writing, report preparation, funder site visits, donation acknowledgment and funder relations. Prepare, coordinate and oversee all internal and external grant-related reports and compliance materials, as well as fundraising reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors.
- Coordinate and carry out individual donor giving program, including, donor solicitation, acknowledgment, recognition, and donor stewardship. Implement new and creative strategies for solicitation and cultivation of individual donors, major gifts, planned giving, and bequests.
- Coordinate, oversee and carry out small and local business donor program, including identifying potential prospects, appeal letter preparation, tracking, acknowledgment and donor recognition, such as in conjunction with the Annual Membership Meeting, In addition, act as a resource, support and manage fundraising related efforts by other departments in the organization.
- Oversee fundraising special events, such as a Gala or other organizational fundraising events.
- Maintain a comprehensive annual resource development plan and ensure targets are met in accordance with the organization’s fundraising budget goals as set in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer and Accounting Director.
- Monitor work in all areas of the organization for inclusion in solicitations, reports, prospective funding opportunities, and communications materials. Engage in program development as necessary.
- Engage in research for new donor prospects, grant and award opportunities, review with applicable staff, and pursue as appropriate.
- Actively support communications efforts including, writing and developing the organizational newsletter, the annual report, public relations efforts and social media outreach in coordination with the Communications Manager and the Chief Executive Officer, as appropriate.
- Staff and provide support the Stewardship committee of the Boards of Directors, including materials preparation, food and logistics, minute taking, and meeting follow-up, as necessary.
- Oversee, maintain and ensure paper and electronic record-keeping and document archive systems related to resource development and stewardship efforts, including maintaining an electronic donor management system.
- Keep abreast of current and cutting-edge resource development information and approaches and the philanthropic community. Maintain membership with appropriate philanthropic networking organizations and publications, such as Forefront and the Chronicle of Philanthropy.
- Act as a member of the general administrative team to ensure the overall effective operation of general administration and plan, coordinate, and carry out the Annual Staff, Board and Leader Retreat as well as the Annual Membership Meeting along with the Chief Executive Officer, General Counsel, Human Resource Manager, Technology Manager, Communications Manager and the Executive Assistant.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Resource Development Manager” in the subject line.