Do you have strong fundraising experience securing gifts from corporations and institutions and/or understand the behind-the-scenes operations that go into institutional giving and are ready for a frontline fundraising role? Are you interested in helping an Organization Serving Local Underserved Children and Families continue to build their Institutional Giving Program?
We are currently in search of an Institutional Giving Officer for an Organization Serving Local Underserved Children and Families in Santa Clara County, CA. This position is a hybrid schedule between in-person office work and remote work.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Organization Serving Local Underserved Children and Families
LOCATION: Santa Clara County, CA (hybrid on-site/remote schedule)
POSITION TITLE: Institutional Giving Officer
SALARY: $75-85K plus excellent benefits and collaborative work environment
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Director of Development, this Institutional Giving Officer will be responsible for leading the sustainability, functionality and growth of the Institutional Gifts Program, developing and managing relationships. The Institutional Giving Officer will identify and solicit new prospects as well as maintain and grow existing relationships with a portfolio of 30+ corporate partners (as well as build partnerships with event-related contacts involved in gift-in-kind donations, current campaigns and volunteering for the organization). Major goals will include developing a more organized process around institutional giving, sustaining and growing corporate relationships and moving towards increasing the corporate revenue. The current portfolio is primarily made up of corporate sponsors and supporters and a smaller number of grants.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-5+ years of securing corporate and/or foundation gifts, or experience and knowledge in supporting these efforts including segmenting donors and utilizing metrics
- Confidence and strengths in setting and meeting goals with ability to successfully build and grow relationships with corporations, foundation and other philanthropic partners
- Relationship building skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and strategy
- Demonstrated excellence in organizing, prioritizing and meeting timelines with a number of projects, with strengths in building more structure and strategy around institutional giving program
- Ability to gain buy-in from internal and external stakeholders – staff and board, volunteers, corporate and foundation contacts
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on a hybrid remote schedule
- Proficient and flexible in technology – experience with MS Word, Excel, Google Docs and CRM software required, Salesforce a plus
- Positive attitude and collaborative nature with ability to problem solve, remain calm under pressure, open to feedback and creatively pivot when needed
- Commitment to organization’s mission and values
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience
- Required to get vaccinated for Covid-19 prior to working in the office
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Serves as the organizational lead and relationship manager for a portfolio of priority corporations (30+), corporate foundations, CEOs, C-Suite executives and other high impact individuals
- Design, track and execute on a more formalized Corporate Engagement Strategy for existing as well as new campaigns, sponsorships and engagement opportunities, high-level recognition programs. Engage with institutional supporters through effective strategies, solicitations and eventually in-person mission engagement experiences (meetings, volunteering, events, etc.)
- Utilize Salesforce and WealthEngine to identify supporters and related capacity to give, record moves management and create infrastructure around Institutional Giving Strategy using Salesforce
- Use entrepreneurial spirit and creativity to tell the organization’s mission and story in a compelling way to attract and increase institutional support and engagement
- Collaborate with Development Director to meet annual goals for all aspects of corporate partnerships (increase revenue by $100K in first year) and with development staff on the ongoing cultivation of existing donor relationships
- Work with Development Coordinator to produce reports to evaluate corporate strategies and Impact Statements and reports
- Collaborate closely with Marketing on communications, messaging and corporate marketing strategies and collateral needed as well as with Operations Team to develop in-person and remote volunteer opportunities for corporate employees to leverage employer giving, volunteer matching programs and engaging corporate partners
- Collaborate with staff and volunteers to plan and execute appreciation and cultivation events, including, but not limited to: virtual events, in-person events, and on-site volunteer events
- Manage full-cycle grant application process including researching, writing and submitting LOIs, proposals and reports to foundations as requested
- Manage, track and regularly report out to leadership on grants calendar
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Institutional Giving Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well. Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
|Home of the #ILoveMyJob🧡 mission|