Do you have experience providing support to local families? Are you bilingual in Cantonese? Have you worked in data entry or customer service?
We are currently in search of a Bilingual Administrative Assistant for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a temporary, full-time assignment
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Administrative Assistant
DURATION: 2-3 months
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Associate Director of Parent Services, the Bilingual Administrative Assistant will serve as the point of contact for low-income parents and families interested in becoming enrolled in child care. You will be knowledgeable of applications and deadlines, and consistently guide families through the enrollment process. You will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and will work collaboratively on projects among a small staff. This is an ideal position for someone interested building their social service experience and working with marginalized populations.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of office management, data entry, and/or customer service experience
- Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin
- HS Diploma required; Associate’s Degree preferred
- Passionate about serving disenfranchised communities
- Advanced computer skills, including Google Applications, Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable managing a database and working independently
- Flexible, friendly personality with strong time-management skills
- Sensitive to child welfare issues and working in a social service environment
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails in a timely manner with inquiries from families needing to enroll in child care
- Connect parents with appropriate programs based on income and provide relevant resources
- Consistently update family records and provide daily reporting based on program
- Work collaboratively among small teams and stay current on voucher programs and events the organization hosts
- Perform other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.