Do you have at least 2 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising?
Are you passionate about supporting the fight for women’s health?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Development Coordinator for a Social Services Organization. This position is based in Woodlawn, Chicago, IL.
ORGANIZATION: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Woodlawn, Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Development Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary, full time (40hrs/week)
HOURLY PAY: $16.00 – $19.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Development Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and will be responsible for securing new sponsors and income, executing fundraising programs and events, developing relationships, and maintaining the organization’s presence within the community. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Non-Profit Management preferred) and/or 2+ years’ experience in corporate development or fundraising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience working with donor databases required
- Experience with grants and appeals preferred
- Motivated to meet and exceed fundraising goals
- Able to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with donors to meet revenue objectives
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with various leadership styles
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends to attend meetings beyond the framework of the normal working schedule.
- Strong written, organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, and ability to demonstrate an overall drive to build lasting fundraising success.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assist in achieving annual revenue goals and maintain overall year after year increases in revenue generating activities.
- Maintain and update the Agency’s Annual Development Plan.
- Assess the current fundraising initiatives that support the operating revenues.
- Build donor base to support operations.
- Work with the Board of Directors in fundraising efforts.
Management of Special Events (10%)
- Responsible for planning and implementing fundraising events along with the Development committee.
- Develop opportunities for businesses and agencies to volunteer with the Agency on community projects.
- Identify and attend community events, meetings and conferences that support Southside Center of Hope’s mission and enhance its visibility and fundraising success.
Donor Database and Administrative (20%)
- Ensure all contributions, both monetary and in-kind, are accurately entered into the Donor database.
- Responsible for reviewing the mailing lists generated by the data base for accuracy and any duplication.
- Responsible for verifying information on the Annual Report from database.
- Ensure that all contributors, both monetary and in-kind, are acknowledged by letter and listed in our Annual Report.
- Assist the Executive Director with grant reporting.
Recruitment and Management of Volunteers (10%)
- Work with the Executive to develop a plan to recruit a enough volunteers to ensure volunteer positions are adequately staffed.
- Work with the Development Committee to establish and recruit volunteers for a young professional’s board.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to maintain relationships with Corporate Volunteers.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you