Are you a detailed-oriented financial professional? Do you have analytical data experience? Are you interested in working for an arts organization?
We are currently in search of an Accountant for an Arts Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Arts Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Accountant
Is This Your Dream Job? The Accountant will maintain records for all transactions and preparing financial reports. They will be in charge of managing financial-related tasks. In addition, they will be entrusted with the process payments, approval of money transfers and order requisitions, and prepare budget for Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-2 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience
- Passionate about the accounting activities and operations
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable working in a database
- Possess a high-level of statistical analysis and strong working relationship
- Comfortable working in an office and residential environment
- Experience in an educational setting or non-profit preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Review and verify financial and contract paperwork
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
- Provide financial advice and applying financial principles
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.